Join The Travel Club on this exclusive week-long exploration of some legendary and colorful seaside resorts—and temps should be in the 70s. We'll start in Tropea, Calabria—a maze of pretty lanes, piazzas and palazzi—on the stretch of coastline called the “Coast of the Gods.” Dramatic cliffs and soft, sandy beaches complement an array of small artisan shops and cafés. On the island of Lipari we'll stay in Lipari Town—a busy little port with a pretty, pastel-colored seafront. A get-acquainted tour concludes with lunch, with wine, at a local seafood restaurant. Be sure to head to Via Vittorio Emanuele—a lively thoroughfare lined with cafés, bars and restaurants—for your after-dinner stroll. We'll end our vacation in Taormina, a breathtaking paradise where history meets “la dolce vita.” This ancient town is Sicily's jewel with quaint streets packed with color and charm, boutiques and cafés. Enjoy a guided walking tour including the ancient Greco-Roman theatre and a full-day excursion to the spectacular archaeological site at Siracusa and Ortigia Island. This unique vacation is all about fun, relaxation and discovery.
*After deadline, call 617.338.1111 for availability
- Round-trip regularly scheduled Alitalia Airlines flights from Boston to Lamezia Terme and Catania to Boston, via Rome (land only pricing available if you prefer to make your own air arrangements)
- Transfer from Tropea to Reggio Calabria and Lipari by coach/hydrofoil/ferry (weather dependent) and ferry service from Lipari to Milazzo
- Eight nights’ three- and four-star accommodations
- Fourteen meals: eight breakfasts, one lunch, five dinners with wine
- Escorted, private, round-trip airport/hotel transfers
- Services of professional local Tour Manager
- DAY 1 Overnight flight from Boston
- DAYS 2–3 Hotel Tropis, Tropea
- DAYS 4–6 Hotel Arciduca, Lipari
- DAYS 7–9 Hotel Continental, Taormina
- DAY 10 Return flight to Boston
or similar hotel accommodations
Half-day guided walking tour of Tropea. Half-day guided tour of Lipari Island and lunch with wine. Half-day guided walking tour of Taormina, full-day guided excursion to Siracusa and Ortigia Island. OPTIONALS: Lipari—Excursion to Vulcano Island; Excursion to Panarea & Stromboli.
Average Minimum and Maximum Temperatures in Taormina, Italy
(clicking on image will send you to the weather data website)
PRICING AND DEPOSIT
Prices are per person based on double occupancy. SINGLE FRIENDLY PRICING. Single supplement is $375. We have a limited number of single supplements available at just $300. Call to reserve. Triple accommodations may be available upon request. Fuel surcharge, air taxes and fees subject to change. Passport required. Per person deposit is $300.